What a thrilling year it has been! If I could describe 2013 in one word it would have to be explosive. It has been so exciting to see Cancer and Careers’ growth first hand and I want to share some of this year’s highlights with you!
Our signature programs like the National Conference on Work & Cancer, Educational Series for Healthcare Professionals and Ask The Experts teleconference series continued to expand to new audiences. Thanks to your support in 2013, Cancer and Careers had milestone successes, including:
- Reaching almost 300,000 individuals with our vital online resources (that is 17% more people than last year)!
- Distributing close to 41,000 hard copy publications in English and Spanish
- Presenting at five major industry conferences as the definitive experts on work and cancer
- Launching new free programs such as a Resume Review Service, Job Search webinars, How-To videos and in-service trainings
- Reaching 35% more patients, survivors, caregivers and healthcare professionals for a full day of hands-on learning and support at the 3rd National Conference on Work & Cancer – that is a 35% increase in attendance. Plus we were able to bring 41 people from across the country to the event in NYC through our travel scholarship program!
With 2014 upon us, all of us on the team are excited to continue this growth with even more new and exciting initiatives - including the introduction of the Job Search Tools publication, quarterly Affordable Care Act webinars with up-to-date information, and a Micro Conference on Work & Cancer to be held in Chicago this spring.
We couldn’t do all of this without the core support of our Cancer and Careers’ Sponsors: Avon Foundation for Women, Genentech, Laura Geller Beauty LLC, QVC, Tweezerman, CHANEL, Elizabeth Arden, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund, L’Oréal USA, SELF Magazine, Shiseido Cosmetics America, Allure, Bare Escentuals, Bath & Body Works, Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies Inc., KAPLOW, Macy’s and Bloomingdales, P&G Beauty and Grooming, Sephora USA Inc., Target
Thanks to them and the many other generous individuals and companies who supported us in 2013 the sky is the limit for our continued growth and impact for cancer survivors everywhere.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!