This year we were thrilled to offer a session on Managing Finances at our National Conference on Work & Cancer and as part of our Balancing Work & Cancer webinar series. Both sessions were led by Monica Bryant, Esq., Cancer Rights Attorney and COO of Triage Cancer.
Here are a few tips from the session:
- Reassess your financial plan: What is the current state of your finances? Do you have a stable income? Can you afford to take time off work to undergo treatment?
- Keep all of your bills & medical records organized. (Our free Living and Working with Cancer Workbook can help!)
- Check your credit score.
- Create a budget.
- Talk with a financial planner.
- Purchase adequate health insurance.
- Negotiate your hospital bill.
- Shop around for independent lab work & tests.
- Group follow-up appointments.
- Review medical bills for accuracy.
- Learn about other potential income options, such as SSDI.
- Check out our database of financial assistance resources.
Also, be sure to check out our next webinar, on Working Through Treatment, this Wednesday, July 8, at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.