- The 2024 Midwest Conference Technology Assistance Program is an application-based program which will grant a one-time award of one (1) laptop (such as a Chromebook or similar device) to a limited number of recipients. CAC will determine the type of device to be distributed.
- The only way to be considered for an award is to submit a completed application.
- Submitting a completed application does not guarantee a laptop will be awarded, as a limited number of awards are available.
- Awards will be limited to cancer patients and survivors only, who are residing in the U.S., at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in school full-time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Priority will be given to applicants from the following west coast states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
- We are, unfortunately, unable to accept applications from outside the U.S..
- Applications will close on Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM (Central Time) or once we have reached 75 valid submissions, whichever comes first. We encourage everyone who may be interested to apply as soon as possible.
- Cancer and Careers may temporarily pause the applications in order to keep the review process running smoothly. If this happens, a note will be posted on the TAP landing page.
- The Cancer and Careers staff is committed to fairness and equality for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- You MUST complete and submit the official 2024 Midwest Conference Technology Assistance Program Application.
- Submitted applications go through a blind review process.
- All applicants will be notified of their award status by mid-March. Please be sure to check your email inbox and spam folders for any e-mails from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your application is selected to receive an award, you will be required to complete an online contract and submit a proof of identity to accept. The contract must be completed by the person who submitted the approved application only.
- Recipients will be shipped their awarded resources in advance of the conference.
- PLEASE NOTE: All award recipients must attend the entire Midwest Conference on Work & Cancer held online on Friday March 22, 2024 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Central Time. (Convert to your time zone here). However, please contact us directly if this poses an undue hardship (such as work or treatment schedules).
- Only one application will be accepted per person. If you submit more than one application, only the first one received will be reviewed.
- Awards are limited to one per household.
- Previous Technology Assistance Program award recipients are not eligible for this program.
- Award recipients agree to participate in follow-up surveys.
- Cancer and Careers will not use the first name, last name, or other identifying information of any recipient without explicit permission.
Cancer and Careers reserves the right to:
- Request proof of identity and/or any other documents necessary to verify the details provided in your application before releasing the awarded resources.
- Reverse decisions for any reason, including if any information provided is found to be untruthful or false.