Each new year carries with it the promise of new beginnings. Whether you’re in the midst of an ongoing job search or starting a new one, now is the time to harness that energy and strategize for 2016. Here's how:
- Assess your priorities. Whether looking for a job in the same field or changing careers, figure out what characteristics are important in your new role. Our Job Search and Career Change webinars provide guidance on this issue…and more!
- Update your resume. A resume is an essential and time-tested tool for job hunters, but best practices for shaping them are constantly evolving. Our free resume review service will help you make sure yours is at its best.
- Master the art of the cover letter. If you haven’t already, make 2016 the year you resolve to let go of generic cover letters! Check out these tips for tailoring first-rate, personalized communications that will set you apart from the crowd.
- Build your online brand. Fact: Employers Google. And taking the time to blueprint and build your virtual image allows you to control what they see. Deciding how to represent your professional voice on social media, whether/how to disclose your cancer history, and creating a polished LinkedIn profile are all parts of the equation.
- Practice interviewing. There’s a science to interviewing successfully - particularly if you’re concerned about addressing a resume gap. This is one area where practice makes perfect and our job interview cheat sheet can help you become pro!
Also, be sure to check out our Job Search Toolkit for more on these and other considerations!