Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Managing Long-Term Stress
For most people, workplace stress is a given. Add cancer to the mix, and it can become debilitating. In this webinar we will help you think about your priorities and how you can balance your job, family and own well-being to avoid letting stress get the best of you. Discussion will include how to:
- Preserve what is most important to you during and after your treatment
- Identify tools to help you maintain your best performance at work
- Stay in control of your work and your life
- Set reasonable boundaries at work and express them professionally
Date & Time
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 — 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT
All sessions are free and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers. Register for this live and interactive webinar by clicking “Register” below. The webinar will be hosted on the Zoom platform. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with phone and web log-in information. There is no registration deadline.
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Julie Larson, LCSW
Julie Larson, LCSW is a psychotherapist with a private practice in New York City. In her practice she works primarily with people under the age of 40 around issues of wellness, loss and life transitions. Julie is a frequent speaker and educator to both survivors and professionals on the impact of a serious illness at young age. Throughout her career in young adult oncology she has collaborated with countless national organizations creating support and educational resources for young people facing a profound medical diagnosis. She has been featured in various publications including: SELF Magazine, Coping with Cancer, Cure Magazine, The Crazy Sexy Cancer: Survival Guide; and a number of wellness and oncology support blogs.
Prior to establishing her private practice, Julie was the Young Adult Program Director at CancerCare. In that capacity, she develop a national program inclusive of both age specific support services and educational materials focused on the distinct issues faced by young adults impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
To request accommodations, please email email@example.com
1:00 PM – 1:05 PM ET: Welcome, Speaker Introduction
1:05 PM – 1:50 PM ET: Overview of considerations for navigating and managing stress resulting from a cancer diagnosis while balancing employment
1:50 PM – 2:00 PM ET: Questions
- Attendees will be able to identify tools to help cancer patients and survivors maintain their best performance at work.
- Attendees will be able to describe steps patients and survivors can take to set reasonable boundaries at work and express them professionally.
- Attendees will be able to identify key points to help patients and survivors balance job, family and personal well-being to prevent stress from taking over.
One (1) continuing education credit will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses, social workers, and HR professionals upon approval from the agencies listed below
- This program is approved by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work (Approval #0072) for 1 continuing education hour.
- Cancer and Careers, #1814, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Cancer and Careers maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 06/10/2022 – 06/10/2023. Social workers completing this course receive one (1) continuing education credit.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Requirements to Receive Credits
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for programs. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s). Please note that regulatory boards may not accept duplicate contact hours (i.e., CEs awarded for webinar sessions with similar titles offered in this or prior calendar years) as valid for license and/or certification renewal.
If you plan on requesting continuing education credits for a webinar series, you MUST complete all of the following steps:
- Register for each live webinar presentation for which you plan on requesting a CE.
- Prior to the session, you will receive an email with phone and web log-in information.
- You must attend the live presentation of the webinar Please note that participants who "listen-in" on another participant's line will not be eligible for credit.
- An email with links to a post-session test and an evaluation form will be sent within 48 hours of the webinar. If you do not receive this email with 2 business days of the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both the post-session test and evaluation form must be completed and submitted within two weeks of the date that the webinar was held. For example, if a webinar is held January 1, these two documents will be due January 15th. The date that these documents are due will be stated during the webinar, and again in the follow-up email that is sent to you.
- You must pass the post-session test with a score of 80% or higher. You will see your score when you submit your post-test. Please press done, regardless of your score. You will be taken to a confirmation page where you will have the opportunity to re-take the test up to two (2) additional times to obtain a score of 80% or higher. Any submissions beyond the first three will not be considered.
- You will be notified via email of your status in qualifying for a CE no later than 30 days after the date of the webinar. For example, for a webinar held January 1, notifications will be sent out no later than February 1.
Those who meet all the requirements above will receive a certificate via email within 30 days of the webinar.
Bibliographies are available to attendees by request. To request them, please email email@example.com, including the titles of the session(s).
Questions or Grievances
Live webinars will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Click here for Zoom’s system requirements for more information.