Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Marketing Yourself: Job Search and Beyond
Knowing how to sell yourself is a key skill when applying for jobs, writing a cover letter, and in an interview. You know why you are perfect for the job, but how do you get the potential employer to see it as well?
Date & Time
Wednesday, December 6, 2023 — 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT
This is the final of 12 sessions in our Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar series. Click here to learn more about the other sessions and register!
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Ariane Hunter, MBA, Author, Speaker, Coach & Founder, My Mentors Circle
Ariane is an Author, Speaker, Coach & Founder of My Mentors Circle; an online community and mentoring service for Black women in business to gain access to leading Mentors of color. She brings over twenty years of career and business coaching expertise to help today’s career changers and business builders navigate their careers and grow their businesses. Ariane’s methodology centers around holistic, actionable insights to help individuals go farther, faster.
Ariane’s debut book Dreaming on Purpose: A Manifesto for Black Women on Taking the Leap & Building Her Business Baby with Indigo River Publishers is a business leadership book for Black women due out Fall 2022. Ariane draws on decades of experience working for the top marketing and branding agencies in New York City and supporting high profile clients to become key players in their industry. She holds an MBA and is a certified coach. Ariane was hand selected for NYC's inaugural BE NYC mentoring program for entrepreneurs that was endorsed by Bill De Blasio. She has worked with industry leaders including Women in Stem Leadership at Stony Brook University, Women’s Catalyst group at Hewlett Packard, Oracle, and many more. She has spoken for Ladies Get Paid, Jopwell, NYU Stern Women in Business, Advancing Women in Tech, Karen Millen, ABC Home, Emerging Leaders for NY Arts, and has been featured guest on numerous empowerment podcasts. Ariane is also a published writer whose work appears in Time.com, Levo League, Ivy Exec, and The Muse. She’s been quoted in CNBC, The Daily Worth, Her Agenda, and more. To contact her email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request accommodations, please email email@example.com
1:00 PM – 1:05 PM ET: Welcome, Speaker Introduction
1:05 PM – 1:50 PM ET: Overview of how to approach a job search while highlighting skills and experience
1:50 PM – 2:00 PM ET: Questions
One (1) continuing education credit will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses, social workers, and HR professionals upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- This program is approved by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work (Approval #0072) for 1 continuing education hour.
- Applications to provide continuing educations for social workers outside of New York State will be submitted in the weeks leading up to the webinar.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Requirements to Receive Credits
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for programs. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s). Please note that regulatory boards may not accept duplicate contact hours (i.e., CEs awarded for webinar sessions with similar titles offered in this or prior calendar years) as valid for license and/or certification renewal.
If you plan on requesting continuing education credits for a webinar series, you MUST complete all of the following steps:
- Register for each live webinar presentation for which you plan on requesting a CE.
- Prior to the session, you will receive an email with phone and web log-in information.
- You must attend the live presentation of the webinar Please note that participants who "listen-in" on another participant's line will not be eligible for credit.
- An email with links to a post-session test and an evaluation form will be sent within 48 hours of the webinar. If you do not receive this email with 2 business days of the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both the post-session test and evaluation form must be completed and submitted within two weeks of the date that the webinar was held. For example, if a webinar is held January 1, these two documents will be due January 15th. The date that these documents are due will be stated during the webinar, and again in the follow-up email that is sent to you.
- You must pass the post-session test with a score of 80% or higher. You will see your score when you submit your post-test. Please press done, regardless of your score. You will be taken to a confirmation page where you will have the opportunity to re-take the test up to two (2) additional times to obtain a score of 80% or higher. Any submissions beyond the first three will not be considered.
- You will be notified via email of your status in qualifying for a CE no later than 30 days after the date of the webinar. For example, for a webinar held January 1, notifications will be sent out no later than February 1.
Those who meet all the requirements above will receive a certificate via email within 30 days of the webinar.
Bibliographies are available to attendees by request. To request them, please email email@example.com, including the titles of the session(s).
Questions or Grievances
If you have any questions about earning continuing education credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on our grievance policy, please click here.
Live webinars will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Click here for Zoom’s system requirements for more information.