Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Body Confidence, Self-Confidence in the Workplace
Changes in the body are common during and after cancer treatments and, understandably, may impact body image and self-confidence. For survivors who are either working through treatment or returning to work, knowing how to recognize negative body image and manage the feelings that accompany it can help reduce on-the-job anxiety, improve performance, and increase the ability to succeed professionally after cancer. In this webinar we will discuss:
- How body image may be impacted by cancer and the effect of body changes at work
- Practical tips and resources for understanding the feelings that may accompany unexpected changes in your body
- Techniques to maintain or increase self-confidence while working or when returning to work
Sage Bolte, PhD, LCSW, OSW-C, CST
Date & Time
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 — 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT
Register now! All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-2342) for 1 continuing education contact hour.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- This activity has been submitted to the Oncology Nursing Society for approval to award contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center COA.
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.