Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Communicating Effectively Part 2
The ability to communicate clearly at work can make all the difference in success and achieving your goals. Communicating with coworkers, supervisors, and others in the workplace following a cancer diagnosis can be nuanced and can require some strategy. Join us for this second-of-two sequential session where we will focus on:
- Thinking through your communications style
- Understanding how disclosure decisions can shape how to communicate at work
- Tips and techniques for ensuring conversations in the workplace are appropriate and comfortable
Rachel Becker, LMSW, Senior Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
Date & Time
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 — 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- Applications to provide continuing education credits to social workers in other states are pending.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.