Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Career Change
Has your cancer experience caused you to dream about a completely new career? Learn about the process for changing careers, including:
- Assessing yourself
- Identifying obstacles and opportunities
- Creating an action plan
Date & Time
Wednesday, March 1, 2023 — 6:00 PM ET/ 3:00 PM PT
All sessions are free and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers. Register for this live and interactive webinar by clicking “Register” below. The webinar will be hosted on the Zoom platform. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with phone and web log-in information. There is no registration deadlin
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Julie Jansen, Speaker, Trainer and Author
Julie Jansen — author, executive and career coach, motivational speaker, and resume and LinkedIn profile writer — has helped senior executives, managers and professionals reach their fullest potential in today’s chaotic business world since 1999.
Julie works with clients in advertising, consumer products, entertainment, fashion, financial services, logistics, magazine publishing, manufacturing, new media, non-profit, public relations and professional services. In the past month, she was the keynote speaker for Yale University, CFA Institute of New Mexico and PVH, among others.
A fully revised, third edition of her book I Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This: A Step-by-Step Guide to Finding Gratifying Work was released by Penguin in March 2016. The book has also been published in the U.K., Germany, Austria, Romania and the Czech Republic. You Want Me to Work With Who? Eleven Keys to a Stress-Free, Satisfying and Successful Work Life…No Matter Who You Work With was published by Penguin Books in 2006. Julie is also the author of a Workplace Coach e-Booklet series on Networking, Enhancing Your Image, Delegation, Managing Your Career, Time Management and Getting Organized.
To request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6:00 PM – 6:05 PM ET: Welcome, Speaker Introduction
6:05 PM – 6:50 PM ET: Overview of considerations for navigating a career change after a cancer diagnosis
6:50 PM – 7:00 PM ET: Questions
- Attendees will be able to identify points to address with patients who are considering a career change.
- Attendees will be able to assist patients in working from a strengths perspective when considering a new career path.
- Attendees will be able to support patients in identifying obstacles and opportunities as they consider a career change.
One (1) continuing education credit will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses, social workers, and HR professionals upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- This program is approved by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work (Approval #0072) for 1 continuing education hour.
- Cancer and Careers, #1814, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Cancer and Careers maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 06/10/2022 – 06/10/2023. Social workers completing this course receive one (1) continuing education credit.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Requirements to Receive Credits
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for programs. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s). Please note that regulatory boards may not accept duplicate contact hours (i.e., CEs awarded for webinar sessions with similar titles offered in this or prior calendar years) as valid for license and/or certification renewal.
If you plan on requesting continuing education credits for a webinar series, you MUST complete all of the following steps:
- Register for each live webinar presentation for which you plan on requesting a CE.
- Prior to the session, you will receive an email with phone and web log-in information.
- You must attend the live presentation of the webinar Please note that participants who "listen-in" on another participant's line will not be eligible for credit.
- An email with links to a post-session test and an evaluation form will be sent within 48 hours of the webinar. If you do not receive this email with 2 business days of the webinar, please email email@example.com
- Both the post-session test and evaluation form must be completed and submitted within two weeks of the date that the webinar was held. For example, if a webinar is held January 1, these two documents will be due January 15th. The date that these documents are due will be stated during the webinar, and again in the follow-up email that is sent to you.
- You must pass the post-session test with a score of 80% or higher. You will see your score when you submit your post-test. Please press done, regardless of your score. You will be taken to a confirmation page where you will have the opportunity to re-take the test up to two (2) additional times to obtain a score of 80% or higher. Any submissions beyond the first three will not be considered.
- You will be notified via email of your status in qualifying for a CE no later than 30 days after the date of the webinar. For example, for a webinar held January 1, notifications will be sent out no later than February 1.
Those who meet all the requirements above will receive a certificate via email within 30 days of the webinar.
Bibliographies are available to attendees by request. To request them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including the titles of the session(s).
Questions or Grievances
Live webinars will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Click here for Zoom’s system requirements for more information.