Cancer and Careers believes that having varied backgrounds, experience and perspectives among our staff and vendors helps generate innovative ideas and solutions that will enable us to better serve our growing community of cancer patients and survivors, healthcare professionals, caregivers and employers.
As such, we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace.
Here is how we do it:
- We have internal hiring protocols for staff/management to guide optimal, equitable hiring practices.
- We seek to identify platforms that promote the recruitment of and professional opportunities for individuals from historically underrepresented populations as sources for our job postings.
- We include our EEO Policy on our website and as part of every job posting.
- We include in every job posting the ways in which the work CAC does helps underrepresented populations.
- We include in every job posting the expectation that all new hires demonstrate a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusiveness and social justice.
- We provide reasonable accommodations during the job-application process, as needed, for qualified individuals who are applying for open positions.
- We seek out opportunities to work with vendors/independent consultants from historically underrepresented groups, who prioritize using inclusive language and show respect for people and their differences.