Confused and shockedSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Early breast cancer
- Date of Diagnosis:
- March 28, 2013
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Early stage breast cancer. See surgeon on April 10th and go from there.
- How do you feel today?
I feel scared, angry, sad and lost.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Making me think about life and how much I love it. I am single and now I worry about my future.
- What is going well for you right now?
Having friends and family supporting me.
- What is not going well for you right now?
The decision on what to do. Its very confusing right now.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Being single and how people will look at me. The fear of the unknown and the fear of what will happen next.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
I have my sisters.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
Right now I'm living day by day.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Working till I go for surgery and i find out how far the cancer has spread or if it has spread.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
I am a sales rep with a new territory and not sure how to proceed with it. How do I contact my new customers if I won't be working for awhile?
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
Co-workers and the support of the team.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Don't keep your fear locked inside talk about it. Share what you are feeling.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
No treatment as of yet.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
Do self exams on yourself as that is how I found the lump in my breast. Think twice about Hormone replacement thearpy to prevent menopause. Think twice about Silcone implants and dson't use tanning beds. Learn to handle stress in a better way. Eat right and exercise. Don't take life so serious and learn to enjoy what you have because our life is short and can be taken away in a blink of an eye.