While there seems to be some controversy over when a decade officially begins and ends, we’re committing to a new one in 2020 — and with that, taking a look back over the past 10 years at CAC. The process of pulling together these numbers was thrilling. Not the number-crunching itself, per se, but the realization of where we’ve been and what we’ve done.
Part of our evolution includes going from a staff of 4 to a team of 10 — and I couldn’t be more privileged or proud to work with such a dedicated group of people (past and present) who are passionate every day about improving the lives of people diagnosed with cancer. The decade also saw the launch of a wide array of new initiatives, many of which — e.g., the National and Regional Conferences, In-Service Trainings, Job Search Intensives, Resume Reviews, Professional Development Micro-Grants and How-To Videos — are still going strong today.
In truth, no numbers could ever do the years or the work justice, but I share a few of them so you can join us in celebrating what we have accomplished as we look ahead to what more we can do!
- 3,140,368 people served by cancerandcareers.org and cancerandcareers.org/espanol
- 620,000+ publications in English and Spanish distributed
- 30,766 educational event attendees
- Presented expert content in 48 states (plus DC and Canada)
- 43,000 social media followers
- 4,406 patients and surveys participated in Harris Poll research
- 1,348 job-seeking survivors used our Resume Review Service
- 325 scholarship recipients from all 50 states have attended CAC’s conferences
- 123 webinars/teleconferences hosted
- 97 grantees have participated in professional development opportunities
- 56 In-Service Trainings for Healthcare Professionals