Terms and Conditions
Para leer los términos y condiciones en español, haga clic aquí.
- Financial Assistance Grants will be limited to cancer patients and survivors who live in the United States (or territories), at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in school full-time.
- The Cancer and Careers staff is committed to fairness and equality for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The Financial Assistance Grant award is a fixed amount of $500.
- Financial Assistance Grants may be used to fully or partially cover payment(s) for technology, bills, childcare, training, licenses or coaching. Other financial support to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Financial Assistance Grants can NOT be used to cover undergraduate or graduate school tuition.
- Once open, applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. The only way to be considered for a Financial Assistance Grant is to submit a completed application.
- Applications will remain open until we have reached 500 valid submissions. However, Cancer and Careers may temporarily pause the applications in order to keep the review process running smoothly. If this happens, a note will be posted on the Financial Grant application landing page.
- You MUST completed and submit the official Financial Assistance Grant application.
- Applications go through a blind review process which takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks from submission.
- If your application is approved, you will be notified by email and/or phone, and sent a link to an online contract that must be filled out in order to accept your award. The contract MUST be completed by the person who submitted the approved application only and the link MUST NOT be shared with anyone else.
- Once CAC has received a completed award contract, funds will be shared with the Financial Assistance Grant recipient via direct deposit.
- If receiving funds through direct deposit causes a hardship, contact Nicole Jarvis at 646-929-8043 or email@example.com to identify other options that might work.
- Only one application may be submitted per person.
- Only one person per household is eligible to apply for and receive a grant.
- Cancer and Careers will not use the first name, last name, or other identifying information of any recipient without explicit permission.
- Financial Assistance Grant recipients agree to provide Cancer and Careers a quote or short testimonial regarding their experience, for use in reports and future promotional materials.
- Financial Assistance Grant recipients agree to participate in follow-up surveys.
Cancer and Careers reserves the right to:
- Request proof of identity and/or any other documents necessary to verify the details provided in your application before releasing funds.
- Reverse decisions for any reason, including if any information provided is found to be untruthful or false.