CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for programs. Licensed/certified professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s).
Up to 5.5 credit hours will be provided free of charge to eligible HR professionals, nurses and social workers upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 5.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org. Social Workers
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072. This program is approved for up to 5.5 contact hours.
- An application to provide continuing education to social workers licensed in other states will be submitted in the weeks leading up to this event. Please check this page regularly as it will be updated as approvals are received. Nurses
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16673, for 5.5 contact hours. (Those wishing to receive credit from CABRN must be present for the entire event.)
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Conference attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certificate of attendance (no CEU credit).
If you plan on requesting continuing education credits for attending the West Coast Conference on Work & Cancer, you MUST complete ALL of the following steps:
1. Register to attend the West Coast Conference, here.
2. Sign in, with your name and time, upon arriving at the Conference.
3. Sign out, with your name and time, upon leaving the Conference.
4. Complete the evaluation and hand it to a Cancer and Careers representative before leaving the conference.
Attendees who do NOT complete ALL of the above steps will NOT be awarded CEUs.
Should you meet all the requirements and earn CEUs, you will receive your certificate via email 4–6 weeks after the Conference.