Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Working Through Treatment
Once you have decided to work through treatment, it’s important to create a plan and think through the various steps that you can take to make the process as smooth as possible. During this webinar we will discuss how to do this, covering topics that include:
- What and whom to tell when disclosing a cancer diagnosis in the workplace
- Workplace laws that protect patients at both the federal and state levels and how to use them
- How to arrange reasonable accommodations in the workplace under the ADA
- Practical strategies to manage treatment side effects and modify their schedule in the workplace
This is the fifth of 12 sessions in our Balancing Work & Cancer webinar series. Click here to learn more about the other sessions and to register!
Rachel Becker, LMSW, Senior Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
Monica Bryant, Esq., COO, Triage Cancer
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 — 6:00 PM ET/3:00 PM PT
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-6805) for 1 continuing education contact hour per session.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education b the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.
For more information on accreditation, please click here or email email@example.com.