Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Health Insurance Options
Health insurance is an important piece of the employment conversation. This webinar will provide attendees with information about existing health insurance options as well as the changes in healthcare brought about by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), including new consumer protections and health insurance options, and how these changes might affect cancer patients. We will also discuss where states are with regard to implementing various provisions of the ACA and potential areas where advocates can weigh in with decision-makers in their states.
Monica Bryant, Esq., COO, Triage Cancer
Date & Time
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 — 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT
All sessions are free and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
One continuing education credit will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses and social workers upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886534115-4892) for 1 continuing education contact hour.
- Cancer and Careers is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- Cancer and Careers is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- Attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certificate of attendance (no CEU credit).
Click here for more information on the requirements and steps to earn CEUs for this session.