Balancing Work & Cancer Webinar: Strategies for Eating Well on the Job
Strategies for Eating Well on the Job
Maintaining a balanced diet while juggling work and cancer is often key for keeping up energy levels, managing symptoms at work and feeling better overall. However, between treatment-related challenges (such as restricted diets, medication schedules, etc.) and workplace challenges (such as limited time, stress and unreliable storage options) often make that easier said than done. In this session we will explore the unique nutritional needs of working cancer survivors and practical solutions for healthy eating during the work day. We'll discuss:
- How proper nutrition and eating habits can help you manage treatment side-effects on the job
- Best practices for planning and preparing meals for your workdays
- Tips for getting around obstacles to eating healthy at the office
- And more!
Suzanne Gerdes, MS, RD, CDN - Clinical Outpatient Dietitian-Nutritionist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Holly Mills, MS, RD, CSO - Oncology Dietitian, John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center
Date & Time
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 — 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT
All sessions are FREE and open to cancer patients, survivors, healthcare professionals and caregivers.
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886534115-9966) for 1 continuing education contact hour per session.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.