CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for programs. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s).
Up to 6 credit hours will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses and social workers upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Oncology Nursing Society (Approver #0224). ONS is an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-4019) for 5.5 continuing education contact hours.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072. This program is approved for up to 6 contact hours.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16673, for 6 contact hours. (Those wishing to receive credit from CABRN must be present for the entire event.)
- This activity has been submitted to the Oncology Nursing Society for approval to award contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center COA.
- Attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certificate of attendance (no CEU credit).
**N.B. — In 2016, the Midwest Conference on Work & Cancer was approved by NASW, ONS, NYSED, CABRN and CABBS.
If you plan on requesting continuing education credits for attending the Midwest Conference on Work & Cancer, you MUST complete ALL of the following steps:
- Register for the Midwest Conference here.
- Sign in, with your name and time, upon arriving at the conference.
- Sign out, with your name and time, upon leaving the conference.
- Complete the evaluation and hand it to a Cancer and Careers representative before leaving the conference.
Attendees who do not complete ALL of the above steps will NOT be awarded CEUs.
Should you meet all the requirements and earn CEUs, you will receive your certificate via email 4–6 weeks after the conference.