Today- I am okay- besides have breast cancer- I...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Date of Diagnosis:
- February 3, 2008
- Employment Status:
- full time
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- mastectomy and see the oncologist every 6 months- mri and mammograms alternating every 6 months
- How do you feel today?
Today- I am okay- besides have breast cancer- I was diagnosed with Lupus 30 years ago and crohns 28 years ago- so I have a lot of health issues but I do work full time- divorced- have 2 beautiful and helpful daughters, 2 great son-in-laws, and 2 1/2 granddaughters- the 1/2 granddaughter is due to arrive in early November- also 3 grand cats. I have a lot of family and friends support and I try to live each day to the fullest.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Nothing much- except see more doctors and have more tests done- dealing with 2 chronic illnesses for over 28 years- you just take each day as it comes
- What is going well for you right now?
going to be a grandma for a 3rd time-
- What is not going well for you right now?
just having a lot of issues with Lupus and Crohns- I am having flareups with both
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
people treating me very fragile- but I am not
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
I usually talk to my closest friends
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
not really except maybe retire a little earlier than planned so I can enjoy life more
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
I work over 40 hours
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
my co workers- they are one of my biggest support groups
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
just hang on