Today 12/20/08 - I feel tired, relieved, thankf...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Breast Cancer
- Date of Diagnosis:
- December 1, 2008
- Employment Status:
- Small Business owner celebrating 20 Years in Business
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- DCIS Diagnosed on 12/1/08 breast removed on 12/12/08. Pathology back on 12/17/08 and I am clean.
- How do you feel today?
Today 12/20/08 - I feel tired, relieved, thankful, overwhelmed and bored all at the same time. Did not have reconstruction done so surgery was quick and to the point. A week later and only a little swelling left. It all happened so quick I don't think I can be grateful yet since I haven't accepted I have breast cancer left. Eventually I think it will all catch up with me but I'm ready to do back to work.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
I am missing my left breast and nothing else. I don't want to dwell on this I want to move on and go back to my life.
- What is going well for you right now?
Recovery is going realy really well.
- What is not going well for you right now?
The boredom is making me nuts. I am used to going all day....
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
The decisions that have to be made and second guessing myself.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Taking some time off -
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
I never take time off. This is very unique for me.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
Any day I work is a productive day. It is a complete day - even if it's only for a little while or just answering the phones.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Not started yet
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
Not started yet
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
Go with your gut on your decisions and try to not listen so much to everyone....