Kinda sickly. It's cold outside and my head an...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Date of Diagnosis:
- October 25, 2008
- Employment Status:
- Full time sales
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Chemotherapy, taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin. Will then have a full mastectomy with reconstruction.
- How do you feel today?
Kinda sickly. It's cold outside and my head and ears are cold. I'm tired already of being bald and I want my hair back and I want this to all be over.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
I've learned just how many people care about me.
- What is going well for you right now?
The chemo is working and the lump is pretty much gone.
- What is not going well for you right now?
Feel like hell for 4 days after chemo. Pimples on face and head from chemo, not very attractive.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Keeping my schedule normal.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
I was planning a career change, now that's on hold.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Full time with time off for treatment. I can work out of my home so I'm fortunate.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
I can't travel for work like I used to.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
I want to keep my job.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Don't beat yourself up when you can't work.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
It's not going to be that bad!