I feel very upset, all this is going so fast, I...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- adenocarcinoma duct
- Date of Diagnosis:
- February 6, 2008
- Employment Status:
- Truck Driver
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Just had a port put in 2/27/09 had all the mri, ct scan, bone test
- How do you feel today?
I feel very upset, all this is going so fast, I have to miss work for all these tests. I am really not getting enough answers not sure if the treatment is worth it, it seems I read a lot of people having mastectomies? I have not yet received all the reports from my core biopsy as they lost the first one. They did another on Friday when they did the port. I am scheduled to meet with the oncologist 3/3/09 to discuss hopefully pathology report and he is planning on giving me my first chemo treatment
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Seems like my future dreams or plans have changed as you never know the outcome now, all you know is you have a bad disease. My father also had cancer, they say it was different, but its all bad in my mind.
- What is going well for you right now?
I haven't told anyone about my condition, my work is very cooperative in just letting me take off for medical reasons without asking why. My boyfriend also works there and they are allowing him to take off for some of these appointmens.
- What is not going well for you right now?
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
myself or my boyfriend
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
thoughts of them do, as you can't really know what your in for in the future.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
full-time 9-7 or 8 at night
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
Nothing, just times for appt. I get scared the chemo will hold me up. They are going to do it on Fridays ill have to try to get myself together by Monday. Although when they put this port in I didn't plan on being off 2 weeks due to the fact I can't lift, pull, or push anything for fear I might tear the stitches. my job requires all of these things daily.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
I guess when you're at home you think a lot and when I go to work it keeps my mind busy. when I am at home I think about being healthy at work just like everyone else.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?