Family and friends have no pricetagSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Rt.breast invasive to node
- Date of Diagnosis:
- January 5, 2013
- Employment Status:
- leave of abscence,RN
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- 4 rounds of chemo. #3 coming up second of April. Cytoxan,Taxotere. Then radiation for however long
- How do you feel today?
Feeling more comfortable with this whole scarf thing. I look at some people,and try to figure out what they're thinking. I stopped doing that today,and I felt more calm being in town,around people. Met with some co-workers,and I didn't realize how good that felt.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Well...........not working.........realizing that i'm not in charge of many things i thought i was......walking a little slower on my walks
- What is going well for you right now?
no temp,thank goodness,good appetite,and i hope i don't gain too much weight!
- What is not going well for you right now?
neuropathy in hands,worse in feet. i have the reddened palms and soles. i finally took a tylenol a couple of days ago after working pulling limbs out in the yard.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
relationship issues,primarily husband. i have an important journey going on,and i think he's cutting me some slack.....i've opened up more about feelings,which i haven't done alot of.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
Spend more time with the Lord,girlfriends
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
probably won't be going on any multi-day bike rides. i had planned one for this month,but........alas!
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
i've read some negative thoughts on the internet,and i'm backing off with some of my questions.Better to talk to the nurse navigator or support groups or other survivors........
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
I would offer myself to be a really good listener! Let me say what i want to say,even though it sounds all garbled. There seems to be a time to just be sad,mad,confused,any of many emotions that over time will calm down.