Catch upSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Breast Cancer 2009
- Date of Diagnosis:
- February 6, 2008
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Had 3 lumpectomies in 2009 followed by chemo and radiation.
- How do you feel today?
Ok, just a few side effects leftover from the chemo.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
- What is going well for you right now?
- What is not going well for you right now?
I have dry eye, and my nails are still having trouble growing, still no eye brows or lashes. Still tire more easily.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Working while going through treatment.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
Myself, cancer survivors network.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
I don't plan anything.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Pretty much on call 5 days a week, I work both days and nights.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Do the best you can, everyone goes through it differently.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
Don't get a choice, just stay frustrated over it.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
I got nothing, its a lousy disease all the way around. I feel for anyone with any type of cancer. It takes a lot out of you, both mentally and physically.