Just Checking InSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Stage I Breast Cancer
- Date of Diagnosis:
- April 30, 2012
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Lumpectomy; medication. I refused radiation.
- How do you feel today?
Today, I'm anxious and I'm tired of dealing with cancer. I got to work and spent an hour on cancer calls. Cancer takes a lot of time.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Now, if I don't want to do something, I don't do it. It's ALL about quality of life.
- What is going well for you right now?
I love my doctors and the practice. They really throw a lot of services at you, e.g., social work, patient advocate, etc. I love my job.
- What is not going well for you right now?
As I said, I am so sick of all the time I spend on this -- telephone calls, appointments, etc.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
My husband is just swell. I also found the Oncology Department social worker to be great. My sister had cancer last year and she has been a real support.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
Absolutely! It's all about today and having a good time.