Since this is the third time that I am scheduli...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- papillary thyroid
- Date of Diagnosis:
- October 20, 2007
- Employment Status:
- part-time under the table employment
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- 11/2007 full Thyroidectomy 12/2007- Iodine radiation (oral dose of radiation 200mc) 4/2008 lymph node surgery. nodes are benign. 11/2009 in process of scheduling surgery for suspicious lymph node
- How do you feel today?
Since this is the third time that I am scheduling treatment and surgery I don't feel panicked. However my doctors have told me that they don't really understand why I keep getting lymph nodes that test positive in the needle biopsy.
I may need to find a new doctor but I am not sure if that would help or just disrupt my treatment.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Before the diagnosis I was working on starting my own business. Since the diagnosis I have decided that I do not want to have that much risk and stress in my professional life and I have begun training for a more conservative job choice.
- What is going well for you right now?
I have been able to find steady part-time work that is flexible enough for my treatment.