Today I feel kind of down, its cloudy and I pul...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- breast cancer
- Date of Diagnosis:
- February 6, 2008
- Employment Status:
- truck driver
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- had one round of chemo and going in for my third lumpectomy 7-17-09
- How do you feel today?
Today I feel kind of down, its cloudy and I pulled up this website on my email to put in more comments on my diary. I am glancing over the other diaries and it seems like a long tough road.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
My work I will be off about 12 weeks with these surgeries. I miss work, I hate leaving them at a busy time (vacations etc) I am at home and can't really do anything like physical, If you leave the house seems like you just spend money.
- What is going well for you right now?
I have gotten through all my treatments and surgeries with no problem and quick healing.
- What is not going well for you right now?
Not being able to work a week or so after surgery.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Keeping it to myself
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
Cancer web site, cry, or have a few beers.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
yes, don't have any now, want to sell my house and have no obligations.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Not working due to surgery
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
It seems to be okay when I am working, I like to keep busy.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Do what feels right for you, everyone is different.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
Your life will always be different. Full of "What if's". Full of unknowns.