Grateful. Anxiety ridden. Fearful.Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- Date of Diagnosis:
- February 3, 2010
- Employment Status:
- Self Employed
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Lumpectomy, then Sentinel Node Biopsy, Beginning TC Chemo in one week. I then will have 33 radiation treatments and then Hormonal treatment for 5 years.
- How do you feel today?
Grateful. Anxiety ridden. Fearful.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
It seems everything has changed; yet so little has. My priorities have changed some, my love has grown deeper for my husband and daughter, and the sun seems to shine a bit brighter. I find myself leaning on my husbands' strengths much more....weird since I usually want to do everything myself...
- What is going well for you right now?
Well, this question is difficult for me to answer...I cannot find anything that is going wrong. Yes, I am faced with many obstacles and such, but I am getting through them so I guess "I" am going well right now!
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Not knowing what lies ahead...I am scheduled to start chemo in 7 days, and I have so many questions about what it feels like and things like that, and I cannot bring myself to call on support groups and the likes...I have never done that and I know I should, but I just can't seem to do it...
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
None have changed so far...but my journey is just beginning.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Work at home....I make my own hours
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
I am self employed and have had to cut back due to Dr. Appts, and 2 surgeries
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
I work from my home office...that is a great thing...
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Be honest and open with your superiors and co-workers. Do not be afraid to delegate....Most people like knowing they are helping you out...
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
I have not started chemo as of yet...7 more days
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
Chill......take a deep breath....