Cancer and Careers is on
the move again, with three events this June & July in Chicago,
Washington, DC, and St. Louis. See below for more details about each
and to RSVP.
Cancer and Careers is proud to host the Employment and Taking Time Off Work
session at the upcoming Cancer Rights Conferences in Chicago and LA.
Friday, June 18, 2010 at Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Friday, October 8, 2010 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
These free, one-of-a-kind conferences are dedicated to educating people
coping with cancer, caregivers, advocates, and healthcare professionals
about cancer-related legal issues, including:
* Employment and Taking Time Off Work
* Getting and Keeping Health Insurance
* Navigating Managed Care
* Estate Planning
* Disability and Life Insurance Options
* Government Benefits
* Legislative Advocacy and Cancer Community Resources
To register for Chicago click here
To register for LA click here
You are invited to an inspiring evening featuring a full schedule of
beauty, career and wellness seminars. Break-out sessions include:
- Resume makeovers, interview tips and career coaching from Cancer and Careers
- Self-instruction on facial massage and makeup application techniques with Shiseido beauty experts
- Relaxation and wellness tips from SELF Magazine
Complimentary refreshments and free valet parking will be provided.
When: July 14th, 2010; 6:00 PM
Where: W Hotel, Washington DC, 515 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20004
The Beauty of Caring Event is a collaboration between Cancer and
Careers, the Young Survival Coalition, Shiseido Cosmetics America and
: Wednesday, July 21, 6:00 PM
: Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, 7730 Bonhomme Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63105
: A FREE interactive, educational seminar featuring expert
advice and personal success stories. Complimentary refreshments and free
valet parking will be provided.
• Kate Sweeney, Executive Director, Cancer and Careers, will provide
practical advice and concrete solutions for employees affected by
• Dr. Steven Sorscher, Oncology Division, Washington University Medical
Center, Siteman Cancer Center, West County, will discuss the value of
working through treatment.
• Joanna Morales, Esq., Director, Cancer Legal Resource Center, will address patient rights in the workplace.
: (212) 445-8089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 14, 2010.
The Balancing Cancer and Careers Seminar is a collaboration between
Cancer and Careers, Genentech, the Wellness Community of Greater St.
Louis, the Cancer Support Community and the Young Survival Coalition.