Registration for National Conference on Work & Cancer Now Open!Save as Favorite
We are thrilled to announce that registration is officially open for the first ever National Conference on Work & Cancer! The day-long event will take place on June 17th, 2011 at the Desmond Tutu Center in New York City. It will be a great opportunity to learn about the complexities of balancing cancer treatment and recovery with employment (and it's free!).
Topics will include:
- Legal Issues
- Health Insurance
- Medical Issues
- Working During Treatment
- Job Re-entry
- Job Search
- Self Employed With Cancer
AND a Special Session for Young Adults With Cancer
Speakers will include:
- Jenny Blake, Life After College – Author, Speaker and Coach
- Kathy Flora, Global Learning Strategist for the US Defense Intelligence Agency
- Julie Jansen, Executive and Career Coach and Author
- Julie Larson, LCSW, LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance Steering Committee
- Joanna Morales, Esq., Director, Cancer Legal Resource Center
- Rebecca V. Nellis, Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
- Dr. Ruth Oratz, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine
- Kate Sweeney, Executive Director, Cancer and Careers
WITH Keynote Speaker Sonia Kashuk, Creator Sonia Kashuk Beauty, Breast Cancer Survivor
Are you a healthcare provider interested in obtaining CEUs for participating?
This activity has been submitted to the Oncology Nursing Society for approval to award contact hours. ONS is
accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA.
This program is pending approval by the National Association of Social Workers (provider #886534115) for
5 continuing education contact hours.