The following terms & conditions apply:
- An application submission does NOT guarantee a scholarship will be awarded.
- Scholarships will be limited to survivors, caregivers, family members and those who play an integral role in the cancer community (e.g., oncology nurses, social workers or patient navigators).
- Scholarships may include coverage of travel and/or lodging expenses.
- The Cancer and Careers staff is fair and equal in all of its scholarship processes for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarship decisions are final. There is no appeal process for decisions made regarding the awarding of these scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients agree to provide to Cancer and Careers a testimonial regarding their experience, for use in reports and future promotional materials. A testimonial form and instructions for completion will be emailed them the week after the event. Names will be kept confidential upon request.
- Scholarship recipients agree to participate in follow-up surveys.
- Reimbursements will be made only if the recipient attends the full day 2020 National Conference on Work & Cancer, in New York City.
- Please note: Past recipients of a travel scholarship to the National, Midwest or West Coast Conference are not eligible for scholarships.
- Travel scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel.
- CAC will reimburse up to the awarded travel amount for those who attend the Conference and provide the required receipts, testimonial, etc. Eligible expenses will be indicated in recipients' individual award letters.
- A copy of travel receipts must be sent to CAC upon booking, or no later than Friday, June 28, 2019. Reimbursement checks will be mailed in July or August of 2019.
- If this reimbursement policy creates a financial hardship for a travel scholarship recipient, he/she should contact Sissy Silva at 646-929-8040 or email@example.com.
- CAC highly recommends travel scholarship recipients purchase travel insurance.
- CAC will arrange hotel accommodations for one or two nights for lodging scholarship recipients at the Tuscany Hotel in NYC; only room charges and related taxes will be covered. Room and tax fees will be billed directly to CAC. Upon check-in at the hotel, lodging scholarship recipients must provide a credit card to cover any incidental costs incurred during their stay.