Educational Series for Healthcare Professionals: Where to Start
Where to Start
This webinar will provide information to help patients think through disclosing their diagnosis, protecting their privacy and managing their online brand. Topics discussed will include:
- Deciding whether to work or take time off
- Assessing rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Online brand management, including thinking through disclosure on social media
- Managing privacy at work and in an online setting
- And more!
Rachel Becker, LMSW, Assistant Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
Monica Bryant, Esq., COO, Triage Cancer
Date & Time
Thursday, March 23, 2017 — 12:00 PM ET/ 9:00 AM PT
Running time: 60 minutes
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-6591) for 1 continuing education contact hour per session.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This activity has been approved by the Oncology Nursing Society (Approver #0184) for 1.25 contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center COA.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- The program content has been reviewed by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and is acceptable for the following recertification points:
- OCN® - 1 point in Professional
- AOCNP® and AOCNS® - 1 point in either Professional, Coordination of Care or Roles of the APN
- Attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certification of attendance (no CEU credit).
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.
For more information on accreditation, please click here.
This series is made possible in part through a grant from the Avon Foundation for Women.