Educational Series for Healthcare Professionals: Taking Time Off
Taking Time Off
This session will explore the practical and legal considerations which should be taken into account by patients planning to take time off for cancer treatments, including:
- How to assess workload and create a plan for managing time away from the workplace
- Understanding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and how to use it
- Disability Insurance
- And more!
Rachel Becker, LMSW, Assistant Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
Monica Bryant, Esq., COO, Triage Cancer
Date & Time
Thursday, May 25, 2017 — 12:00 PM ET/ 9:00 AM PT
Running time: 60 minutes
Each individual requesting credit MUST register individually; group registrations cannot be used for credit.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-1202) for 1 continuing education contact hour per session.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Careers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This activity has been approved by the Oncology Nursing Society (Approver #0184) for 1.25 contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center COA.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- The program content has been reviewed by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and is acceptable for the following recertification points:
- OCN® - 1 point in either Psychosocial, Survivorship or Professional
- CBCN® - 1 point in either Survivorship, End of Life or Professional
- BMTCN® - 1 point in Survivorship or Professional
- AOCNP® and AOCNS® - 1 point in Psychosocial, Survivorship, Professional, Coordination of Care or Roles of the APN
- Attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certification of attendance (no CEU credit).
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific licence(s) and/or certification.
For more information on accreditation, please click here
This series is made possible in part through a grant from the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.