Educational Series for Healthcare Professionals: Returning to Work
Returning to Work
Whether returning to a prior job or looking for a new one, there are many challenges faced by patients who find themselves transitioning after taking time off work for cancer treatments. Topics will include:
- Easing back into the work routine when returning to an existing place of employment
- How patients can prevent themselves from being seen as “the cancer person” in the workplace
- Tips for job-searching during and/or after cancer treatments, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter, networking and interviewing
- Approaches to help patients feel confident in addressing a gap in work history with a potential employer
- And more!
Rachel Becker, LMSW, Assistant Director of Programs, Cancer and Careers
Monica Bryant, Esq., COO, Triage Cancer
Date & Time
Thursday, September 21, 2017 — 12:00 PM ET/ 9:00 AM PT
Running time: 60 minutes
One continuing education credit will be provided free of charge to eligible oncology nurses and social workers upon approval from the agencies listed below.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886534115-4231) for 1 continuing education credit hour.
- Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Foundation (Cancer and Carers) SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0072.
- This activity has been approved by the Oncology Nursing Society (Approver #0184) for 1.25 contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center COA.
- Provider approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16673, for 1 continuing education credit per session.
- The program content has been reviewed by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and is acceptable for the following recertification points:
- OCN® - 1 point in either Psychosocial, Survivorship or Professional
- CBCN® - 1 point in either Psychosocial, Survivorship, End of Life or Professional
- BMTCN® - 1 point in Survivorship or Professional
- AOCNP® and AOCNS® - 1 point in Psychosocial, Survivorship, Professional, Coordination of Care or Roles of the APN
- Attendees who meet attendance standards may also request a general certification of attendance (no CEU credit).
CEW Foundation (aka Cancer and Careers) maintains responsibility for the program. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines should contact their regulatory board(s) to determine course approval for their specific license(s) and/or certification(s). For more information on accreditation, please click here.
This series is made possible in part through a grant from the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.