Terms and ConditionsSave as Favorite
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Scholarships will be limited to survivors, caregivers, family members, and those playing an integral role in the cancer community (e.g. oncology nurses, social workers or patient navigators).
- Scholarships may include travel and/or lodging expenses.
- The Cancer and Careers staff is fair and equal in all of its scholarship processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarship decisions are final. There is no appeal process for decisions made regarding the awarding of these scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients agree to provide a quote or short testimonial to Cancer and Careers within one week of the conference regarding their experience for use in reports and future promotional materials.
- Reimbursements will only be made if the recipient attends the 2013 National Conference on Work & Cancer.
- Please note, 2012 recipients are not eligible for 2013 scholarships.
- Travel scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel.
- CAC will reimburse up to the awarded travel amount for those who attend the conference.
- Travel scholarship recipients who provide a copy of their travel receipts to CAC by Friday, June 21, 2013 will receive their reimbursement check in the mail the week of July 9, 2013.
- If this reimbursement policy creates a financial hardship for the travel scholarship recipients, they should contact Eva LaManna at (646) 929-8030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAC highly recommends travel scholarship recipients purchase travel insurance.
- CAC will arrange accommodations for up to two nights (room and tax only) for lodging scholarship recipients. Room and tax fees will be billed directly to CAC. You will need to provide the hotel with a credit card to cover any incidental costs you incur during your stay.