Terms and ConditionsSave as Favorite
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Scholarships will be limited to survivors, caregivers, family members and those who play an integral role in the cancer community (e.g., oncology nurses, social workers or patient navigators).
- Scholarships may include coverage of travel and/or lodging expenses.
- The Cancer and Careers staff is fair and equal in all of its scholarship processes for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarship decisions are final. There is no appeal process for decisions made regarding the awarding of these scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients agree to provide to Cancer and Careers within one week of the conference a quote or short testimonial regarding their experience, for use in reports and future promotional materials.
- Scholarship recipients agree to participate in follow-up surveys.
- Reimbursements will be made only if the recipient attends the 2015 National Conference on Work & Cancer, in New York City.
- Please note: Past recipients are not eligible for scholarships.
- Travel scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel.
- CAC will reimburse up to the awarded travel amount for those who attend the conference and provide the required testimonial.
- Travel scholarship recipients who provide a copy of their travel receipts to CAC by Friday, June 26, 2015, will receive their reimbursement check in the mail the week of July 13, 2015.
- If this reimbursement policy creates a financial hardship for a travel scholarship recipient, he/she should contact Chrissy Brennan at (646) 929-8030 or email@example.com.
- CAC highly recommends travel scholarship recipients purchase travel insurance.
- CAC will arrange hotel accommodations for one or two nights for lodging scholarship recipients; only room charges and related taxes will be covered. Room and tax fees will be billed directly to CAC. Lodging scholarship recipients must provide the hotel with a credit card to cover any incidental costs incurred during their stay.