Unemployed UnmotivatedSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Breast Cancer
- Date of Diagnosis:
- August 29, 2012
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Lumpectomy October 2012. Radiation December 2012/January 2013 Ovaries removed 4/9/2013
- How do you feel today?
Tired. Lack motivation.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
I was laid off from my job on 3/5/13. I do have severance and insurance until the end of August.
- What is going well for you right now?
I am recovering nicely from the surgery I just had. I have support and understanding from my family.
- What is not going well for you right now?
Need to get motivated to find a new job.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
I never felt/looked sick. The radiation did cause me to be exhausted but I have recovered from that.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
Laid off from job on 3/5/13.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
Work gave me something to do every day.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
Get as much information as you can. You have to be proactive and know what may or may not come up next.