WonderfulSave as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Ductul Carcinoma insitu
- Date of Diagnosis:
- July 1, 1999
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Chemotherapy and radiation plus 5 years of tamoxifen
- How do you feel today?
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
I take each day as it comes and try to make each day special.
- What is going well for you right now?
My friends ,My health, my job
- What is not going well for you right now?
would like better health insurance.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
preventing people from thinking I am dying although it has been almost 9 years.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
My faith, My friends
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
I make more short term goals and strive hard to achieve them.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
I work evenings 4-12 usually 5 days a week
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
I am now working where I challenge my brain in a different way and I have my days to myself and get home in time for a good night sleep.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
A positive attitude and keeping myself as healthy as It is in my power to do so.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Talk to management and coworkers, give them enough information so that they understand why and how you feel. Go to work looking great (look good feel good program is great for that). If coworkers ask what they can do ask them to buy you a healthy snack, that you enjoy. If it is a group effort give them the name of a product that you enjoy using to care for your skin like the Lindi products.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
I walked and did other exercise and ate well, staying away from greasy foods etc.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
It is going to be alright "Just take this time to evaluate yourself and start planning your future"