I'm better always because I don't think about t...Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- Angiosarcoma vascular in spine
- Date of Diagnosis:
- June 2, 2007
- Employment Status:
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Medication Zometa IV monthly
- How do you feel today?
I'm better always because I don't think about this.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
Different things have changed in my life. The first is I don't work right now. I love my job because I work in the university with my students.
- What is going well for you right now?
All is well. I don't have any problems.
- What is not going well for you right now?
I'll do anything.
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
I don't go to any place or any people because one time I went somewhere and they said we can't help you.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
Everything has changed all because I have to begin the doctor and in this moment is very difficult for me. I don't work, the money that I have is not sufficient to study, I don't drive and other things.
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
Nothing because the cancer is in the spine and causes lots of pain.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
Everything. I can't work because the neurosurgery and oncology doctor said no.
- What has helped you continue to work the most?
I said to the doctor I want to go to work in August because my life hasn't finished and I want to continue my life. I am doing the process to return to university and begin a doctorate in computers.
- What advice do you have for others trying to work through treatment?
Work with treatment is very difficult because you have the side effects. When I want something I try to continue and finish my goal.
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
I rest and change my foods and the hours I eat.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
The life is one and never say I can't continue. AT ALL TIMES BE POSITIVE. God is first, and family. I have a daughter and a son. Two granddaughter and a grandson. I love them and continue my life because they need me and life is pretty and God will decide when it is finished. This is my time.