Depressed, tired, pain.Save as Favorite
- I was Diagnosed with:
- stage II
- Date of Diagnosis:
- July 3, 2008
- Employment Status:
- on disability
- Type and Description of Treatments:
- Originally diagnosed at stage 0. After L. mastectomy and expander, pathology came back to stage II with one lymph node involved. Chemo rounds of A/C, Taxol, herceptin and Tykerb. HRT of Lupron and Femara.
- How do you feel today?
Depressed, tired, pain.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your life?
My baby growing while I was too sick to be involved. My marriage and the stress of the side effects, my self esteem, and my physical looks. I look horrific-one boob (36DD), super short dark brown hair(I had long blonde), My face and the wrinkles on it show 10-20 years beyond my physical age. I made an attempt to go back to work and was fired within 4 hours.
- What is going well for you right now?
My son is 2 and amazing!
- What is not going well for you right now?
How I feel: pain, tired all of the time, severe anxiety, crying all of the time. Hopeless, Helpless!
- What has been the most challenging thing about having cancer?
Spending quality time with my son.
Wondering about the future.
Trying to be positive.
- When difficulties overwhelm you, where do you go for support?
My mother. I know she must be worn down. I can not imagine having a child (at any age) with this disease. Two days after one of my surgeries, her mother died, six months later her brother passed also! She lets me cry, scream, but manages to hold it together for me.
- How have your long-term goals or life goals changed since diagnosis?
Yes. Will I see them?
- What is your work arrangement right now? What are your hours?
On disability. Will be fired when I return.
- Since the diagnosis, what has changed in your work life?
- How have you dealt with any side effects of treatment?
On a day to day basis.
- If "today's you" could give advice to "day-of-diagnosis you," what would you say?
I would just cry with them.