Mastering 50 of the Most Common Interview QuestionsSave as Favorite
One of my friends was recently describing an interview she had with Google last year. Almost right away, they asked her how many ways she could think of to find a needle in a haystack.
While many of us have had curve balls like these thrown our way in interviews, the truth is that oddball and creative questions are less common than this list of the most frequently asked interview questions, as published by Forbes. And that's great news, because it gives us time to prepare and perfect our answers. So take your time going through the list and practice all you can to feel comfortable answering them when they undoubtedly come up in your next interview.
While all 50 can be found here, along with tips on how to answer them, we've pulled out a handful to get your started:
- What can you offer us that someone else can not?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- What motivates you?
- What were your bosses’ strengths/weaknesses?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- What questions haven’t I asked you?
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.